Beachcomber R.E. Agency Tenant Information
- RESERVATIONS & PAYMENT: Reservations made in the fall require a 25% deposit. Reservations made after January 1 require a 50% deposit. All final balances are due by May 15. Reservations made after May 1 are to be paid in full. We accept cash, bank checks and money orders. Personal checks are also accepted until 3 weeks prior to a Tenants arrival.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS: Should your rental property require a security deposit, it can be paid along with your final rental balance by May 15. Please send a separate check for the security deposit. Security deposits can also be paid on arrival, as long as they are in the form of cash, bank check or money order. No personal checks are accepted on day of arrival.
- CHECK IN & CHECK OUT: Check in is between 1:00PM and 4:00PM at Beachcomber RE Agency. Late arrivals must have rent and security paid in full and must notify our office in advance or we will assume you have canceled your reservation. Check out is by 10:00AM on day of departure. Keys and applicable beach passes are to be returned to Beachcomber RE Agency. If not returned, Beachcomber has the right to withhold from security deposits to cover key and/or beach pass replacement fees.
- CANCELLATIONS: All payments are non-refundable. This includes cancellations and renting on sight-unseen basis. IF Beachcomber is able to re-book the rental for the entire rental period at least one month prior to the check-in date, then we will refund a portion of your deposit, minus tax and a cancellation fee.
- PROHIBITED: No pets. No smoking. No parties or large gatherings (exceeding the maximum occupancy will result in eviction without any refund or recourse). No subleasing. No additional appliances allowed, such as an air conditioning unit, etc. No tents, trailers, campers or RVs on the premises per Town of Westerly, Zoning Ordinance.
- CLEANING: It's the responsibility of every Tenant to clean their rental property before their departure. We expect Tenants to empty the refrigerator and dishwasher, clean counters and stove tops, remove excess sand from floors and bathtubs and dispose of trash and recyclables properly. Should your cottage be found untidy upon your arrival you must inform us immediately. If the property is left in poor condition, Beachcomber reserves the right to withhold from security deposits for damage and/or cleaning fees.
- FURNISHINGS & AMENITIES: Our beach rentals are fully furnished, and equipped with basic pots & pans, dishes, silverware & utensils. Some rentals provide extra amenities such as Wi-Fi, A/C, coffee pots, outdoor table, grills, etc. They’re are provided on an "as is basis" It is the Landlords option to repair them should they fail. Amenities are all itemized on the rental listing found on our website.
- WHAT TO BRING: Tenants will need to bring bed linens, blankets, towels, paper goods, toiletries, beach gear and basic cleaning supplies. Most Landlords provide a vacuum and broom. It is recommended that Tenants provide some of their own pillows as well.
Tenants renting in the MFD have access to the 3 Misquamicut Fire District private beaches. Beaches are open and lifeguards are on duty from 10:00AM to 6:00PM, 7 days a week. Tenants renting outside of the MFD have access to either the Westerly Town Beach, Misquamicut State Beach, Breach Drive Beach or the private Dune’s Beach Club.